Oman VAT implementation
Dear valued customers
Starting 16/04/2021 the new VAT regulation will be implemented, and we like other most organizations in the country is in process of making the necessary changes to comply with local requirements and ensure a seamless transfer into the new regime.
Whilst we want to ensure that there is minimum or no interruption to our services, we will not be able to avoid planned interruption during the transition period. This communication is drafted to prompt you ahead of time on the transition period for Hilti and the impact thereof, so you can plan accordingly by taking into consideration the following:
· Due to system migration, our operations will be closed from 14th April 2021 until 15th April. All orders received after business hours of 13th April will be processed on and after 18th April 2021 will be subject to 5% VAT.
· Our Hilti Stores in Muscat, Sohar and Salalah will also remain closed on 14th & 15th April 2021.
· All orders which are partially or fully not delivered (open orders) as at end of 13th April 2021 will be cancelled and to that extent we will request you to issue a new LPO inclusive of 5% VAT for the order to be processed when we resume business on 18th April 2021. We will work closely with you to ensure that the open orders are minimized.
· Furthermore, the migration will also require us to close any chargeable Repair orders after business hours of 13th April 2021. We will resume taking orders for such repairs from 18th april 2021 which will be subject to 5% VAT.
In summary please be advised that
▪ All Purchase orders agreed before 13/04/2021 and neither delivered nor invoiced will be subject of 5% VAT per the new Oman law as the orders will be processed after 18th April 2021.
▪ All Purchase orders, submitted by customers, agreed by Hilti Oman(Bin Salim Enterprises LLC) and invoiced in full before 13/04/2021, will not be subject of 5% VAT even if the goods are in transit.
We will provide you with any new VAT implementation related information and thank you in advance for your cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions.
Share this content